Apply now for a Construction Safety Day Scholarship!
The Governor’s Industrial Safety & Health Advisory Board’s Construction Safety Day Planning Committee is awarding two $1,250 scholarships. The intent is to assist students who are furthering their education in construction safety and/or occupational safety.
Application deadline March 8, 2024.
To be eligible, an applicant must meet one of these requirements:
- A student in good standing in their final year of high school, and enrolled to an apprenticeship, community college, trade school, or university.
- Currently enrolled at a college, university or technical college, with a construction or occupational safety and health focus.
- Currently pursuing a career in safety and intending to use scholarship for safety educational purposes i.e. OSHA 500 series courses.
Our online application process includes:
- Your educational background and plan.
- A brief essay detailing your:
- Intent to further your occupational safety and health education.
- What you plan to do in the future to increase workplace safety & health.
- A minimum of two references:
- Teacher, professor, or employer
- Another person in your community.
Applicants under the age of 18 must have parental or guardian consent.
The awards presentation will be held during our 16th Annual Construction Safety Day on March 27 at the Washington State Fair Events Center. Scholarship recipients will be notified prior to the event.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-451-2004.